Thursday, May 30, 2013

Henley on Klip - the Beautiful South

I'm not too sure if this spot can even fall into "the new south", but it is close enough... only 20 minutes from Glenvista / Mulbarton along the R59. So I have decided that I will feature it in my series of blog posts on places to go, 'South of Jo'burg City'.

Henley on Klip is one of the prettiest rural-urban places that I have been to. It has many little public spots to access the Klipriver (the public library and the bridge off Regatta Rd) as well as a few cute spots to have a meal and buy some crafts, gifts or antiques.


It was my hubby's birthday recently and to celebrate I took him out to Henley for the day.

Our first stop was lunch at Ducks Country House, 32 Mitchellbank drive. We love tapa's type eating and started off by sharing a delish Mediterranean platter and then a very yummy chicken and brown onion pie. (it was so yummy, I got stuck in before taking a pic)
The food was more than enough, the juice glasses were huge and the prices really reasonable.

We decided to skip the coffee and go to another spot that we drove past on the way into Henley. But before leaving we took a walk to the waters edge, took some time out and sat on the bench under the trees overlooking the river, which really is a main feature of this beautiful venue. For more about Duck venue, restaurant and theater click here for website




As I mentioned, on the way to Ducks I saw this other little spot called etc Cafe & Deli at the Kliphouse Quarters, Shillingford Rd. We had never been so we decided to go pop in for our post lunch coffee. From the moment you pull into the yard you experience the beauty of the country decor. The row of birdcages particularly caught me eye, I have been looking for some to put in my garden too.


When we were walking into the restaurant, we went through the shop and I recognized the decor from a friend's blog, 'Just Darling' (click here), check it out for some more pics and her experience (and some other great posts). We enjoy similar experiences, so I knew it would be a good spot to stay. We had good double espresso's in a cosy spot by the crackling fire, a great way to end and afternoon out to celebrate the life of my precious husband.

Below are some pics from views that were feasts for my eyes. see their web for more



This candy stand got my attention



There you have it, a bit of Henley on Klip, I encourage you to take the drive... have a beautiful day, because life is an event... Live it beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment