Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Southern Belle Inn the Beautiful South.


 I have always been attracted to the idea of being able to play golf, my hubby is getting back into so I decided to itch where it scratched so to speak and join him that the Bell’s Inn driving range down the road from our home.

It was quite fun, I’m not much good at it, but enjoyable never the less... hacking and all. We were there with some friends and afterwards we had a drink on the deck overlooking the valley. The sun was setting, such a beautiful sight as the golden rays settled on the koppies ahead of us, saturating the green tones. I thought to myself, “wow, the south is such a really beautiful place.” At the same moment, my friend Abby commented on the beauty of the moment. I was reminded how it’s these mini events that make the memories that make life beautiful.

The views overlook The Eye of Africa Golf estate across the river. Just  30 minute drive  from Sandton.

The following day, I was chatting to another friend about a great little coffee spot in the south and we shared some of our favourite places for outings... it made me replay the memory from the previous day and I felt ‘proudly south’.

The ‘south’ for some reason has a rather dubious reputation, which in one way is a blessing as it has kept rapid development at bay and the quaint places thriving. We love living here.

So in the spirit of living a beautiful event filled life, I’m on a mission to discover the new and revisit the old, and just appreciate some of the gems that make the beautiful south, beautiful.

I’ll certainly be sharing about them as I go along...


Life's and EVENT, Live Beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment