Friday, May 31, 2013

Two Trees Bakery, kiddies playground and country craftmarket

This was one of the places that inspired me to blog a series about places south of Jo'burg City that are worth a visit and that make the South beautiful by their existence.

Two Trees Bakery, situated at the foot of the Thaba Koppies, 101 Mulbarton Drive, is really more than just a bakery. Firstly, they are an amazing bakery... the chocolate brownies are delish... soft, dense, moist and chewy. Yum! They have fresh breads everyday, they even bring their rye in from windmills in Germany.

Then as a coffee shop, Todd the owner was telling me that they have recently started bringing in their own coffee from the South of Congo, a single origin that they have worked on to get an amazing roast and as a result, my double espresso americano was tops! They are looking to go to Ruanda to source more beans, I look forward to the  flavours to come. They sell beans and grind and they even have decaf done through the water process, so there are no chemicals (this might make my preggy friends happy)

Another big attraction to Two Trees is the adventure playground with all the high ropes, 'foefie' slides and swings. They are busy building a three story tree-house... it's high!

An upcoming attraction next to the playground is the crafters market which has new management and a renovated vibe.It launches this Saturday 1st June and the 1st of every month onwards. I wish them all the best with the market and pray that it becomes one of those markets that rivals the best.

I took the boys there on a quiet weekday afternoon, so Levi and Nate had the playground pretty much to themselves... my mom and I sat under half in the warm sun and under the bluegums and listened to the wind rustle in the high tree tops. What a great mid week reprieve.  Here are some pics I took that afternoon.
For more pics  and regular updates on what is coming out the oven
go to and 'like' their facebook page




Amazing coffee and delish treats

T

My little 3 year old balancing along 

A morning or afternoon out to Two Trees can really be a beautiful experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment